5 Things to do on College Visits
Choosing the right school is a HUGE decision. Part of the decision making process is touring prospective schools. While it may seem overwhelming make sure to incorporate these 5 steps into every tour to get the most out of your college visits.
- Eat in the Dinning Hall Meal plans are different for every college but one thing they do have in common is a dinning hall. While some may be better than others the bottom line is buffet style food gets boring no matter where you go. It is important however to make sure their rotating menu has food that you can eat on it. As an athlete nutrition is a huge part of performance so looking to see if they have a decent salad bar or lean protein available at every meal is important.
- Tour ALL of the dorms You may expect to live in one dorm but find out later on the availability is limited and have to move. It’s best to explore all of your options.
- Meet potential future teammates These are the people who will bleed on the with for and with you over the next four years. A large part of recruiting is getting to know you in a social setting to make sure you fit in with the team dynamic. If you don’t get along with your teammates it could spell disaster so take the opportunity to spend some time with them during your visit.
- Look at the training facilities As an athlete the training room and the field are where you will be spending the majority of your college schedule. It’s important to see what the school has to offer as far as equipment, training room amenities, and staff.
- Meet with an Academic Adviser So you have a general idea of what you want to do in life, but no clue what major to choose? An academic adviser can help. Their job is to help guide students as they make their way through college from choosing a major to choosing what classes to take this person will be your guiding light.
One of the best ways to keep track of what you liked and disliked is to keep notes about your visits. Jot down at the end of the day how you felt about and school and compare entries to one another. It will make the decision process easier when it comes time to narrowing down your options. Haven’t had any visits yet? Contact Athletes USA today to start finding schools right for you.