5 Summer Recruiting Tips
Its summer time! Here at Athletes USA our scouts and recruiting experts have taken a time out from working on their tan to create the top 5 Summer Recruiting Tips. By practicing theses five simple tips athletes will be prepared for the upcoming school year and have a head start on finding their dream school.
- Research Now is the perfect time for athletes to start figuring out what kind of schools their interested in going to and what schools they fit in athletically and academically. By researching and determining what a realistic school choice is it will help athletes narrow down offers and choices. If athletes already have offers on the table but are having trouble narrowing down the list try out our 3 Steps toward choosing a School
- Prospective Recruit Once athletes have an idea of what schools are a good fit its time to start making moves. Most athletic pages have online applications for prospective recruits listing information regarding walk on standards, coaches contact information, and applications. Take the time out once a week to: -Fill out a few prospective recruit forms -Send emails to programs -Call coaches
- Summer Camp If an athletes is planning on attending summer camps or combines they should look for ones that attract the top athletes in their designated sport in order to make the most out of attendance. Not only do theses camps offer excellent summer training with top players but they also offer networking and educational opportunities. If an athlete can’t get into upper level camps, they should see whether or not the schools they are interested in offer camps or clinics over the summer in order to network and gain exposure.
- Plan visits If you’re planning on traveling see if you can schedule in an unofficial visit to colleges and universities along the way. Getting exposed to different schools can be a great way for athletes to see first hand what types of schools they like and dislike
- Market yourself Exposure can be the single most important facotr in determining whether or not an athlete gets recruited. The fact of the matter is there are thousands more athletes then there are coaches and universities, even if an athlete has the potential to compete in college if a coach doesn’t know who they are they’ll never be recruited. Make a recruiting profile, create high light videos, and Summer might be coming to a close but remember recruiting season never ends, so what are you waiting for? Contact Athletes USA!